U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Learn more about renting and HUD rental assistance programs.
- Privately owned subsidized housing - HUD helps apartment owners offer reduced rents to low-income tenants. Search for an
apartment and apply directly at the management office.
- Public Housing - affordable apartments for low-income families, the elderly and persons with disabilities. To apply, contact a public housing agency.
- Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8) - find your own place and use the voucher to pay for all or part of the rent. To apply, contact a public housing agency.
- HUD Resource Locator - search for HUD field and regional offices, local PHAs, Multifamily and Public Housing locations, homeless coordinated entry system
points of contacts, and USDA rural housing
Local Renting Information
Your Rights and Responsibilities
What is HUDVet?
HUDVet facilitates collaboration among Federal agencies and veteran-serving organizations regarding programs for veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. Contact email@example.com.
What Information Does HUD Provide?
- HUDVet's State and Local Resources directory (Excel 543 KB) assists the coordination of community-based
Continuum of Care services for veterans who are homeless.
- HUDVet's National Resources list (PDF) provides links and contact information for many of the
organizations that impact and serve veterans nationally.
Homeless Veteran in need of help?
Call (877) 4AID VET (877) 424-3838) Read more